These minor changes in your daily routine will make a major difference in your life and career.
Happiness is the only true measure of personal success. Making other people happy is the highest expression of success, but it's almost impossible to make others happy if you're not happy yourself.
With that in mind, here are eight small changes that you can make to your daily routine that, if you're like most people, will immediately increase the amount of happiness in your life：
1. Start each day with expectation. 充满期待的开始新的一天
If there's any big truth about life, it's that it usually lives up to (or down to) your expectations. Therefore, when you rise from bed, make your first thought: "something wonderful is going to happen today." Guess what? You're probably right.
2. Take time to plan and prioritize. 把事情按优先顺序计划好 The most common source of stress is the perception that you've got too much work to do. Rather than obsess about it, pick one thing that, if you get it done today, will move you closer to your highest goal and purpose in life. Then do that first.
3. Give a gift to everyone you meet. 给你遇见的每个人一份小礼物 I'm not talking about a formal, wrapped-up present. Your gift can be your smile, a word of thanks or encouragement, a gesture of politeness, even a friendly nod. And never pass beggars without leaving them something. Peace of mind is worth the spare change.
4. Deflect partisan conversations. 避免敏感性话题
Arguments about politics and religion never have a "right" answer but they definitely get people all riled up over things they can't control. When such topics surface, bow out by saying something like: "Thinking about that stuff makes my head hurt."
5. Assume people have good intentions. 把每个人都想成是善意的 Since you can't read minds, you don't really know the "why" behind the "what" that people do. Imputing evil motives to other people's weird behaviors adds extra misery to life, while assuming good intentions leaves you open to reconciliation. 既然你不会读心术，也必然不会知道人们做事背后的原因。对别人怪异的行为妄加恶意的猜测，只会让你的生活更加糟糕，以善意揣度别人会让你更加和善。
6. Eat high quality food slowly. 美食慢慢品尝 Sometimes we can't avoid scaring something quick to keep us up and running. Even so, at least once a day try to eat something really delicious, like a small chunk of fine cheese or an imported chocolate. Focus on it; taste it; savor it. 有时候我们不得不狼吞虎咽来继续工作。即使这样，一天至少也要好好的品尝一次美味的食物，比如小块芝士或进口巧克力。专心吃，慢慢品尝，尽情享受。
7. Let go of your results. 别太在意结果 The big enemy of happiness is worry, which comes from focusing on events that are outside your control. Once you've taken action, there's usually nothing more you can do. Focus on the job at hand rather than some weird fantasy of what might happen. 快乐最大的敌人是担忧，而担忧通常来自于对无法控制事情的过度关注。一旦你已经做了，那么再也无力更改。关注眼前的工作，切忌对可能发生的事情胡乱猜想。
8. End each day with gratitude. 带着感激结束每一天 Just before you go to bed, write down at least one wonderful thing that happened. It might be something as small as a making a child laughs or something as huge as a million dollar deal. Whatever it is, be grateful for that day because it will never come again. 睡觉之前，写下今天发生的至少一件好事。也许只是逗小孩笑这样的小事，又或者是谈成了一百万美金生意这样的大事。无论是什么，都要对这天充满感激，因为这天无法再重来了。